Thursday 15 June 2017

Fierce Kingdon 
by 
Gin Phillips

Guest Review 
by
Julie Williams




Review


Imagine being stranded in a zoo with your four year old son, hearing gun shots and having to run and hide to protect you both from the possibility of being killed. This horrific scenario is the opening to this chilling book.

Joan and her son Lincoln often come to their local zoo in the afternoon and stay until closing time; this is their mother and son together time. Little do they know that this particular visit will turn into three nightmare hours.

Fortunately her knowledge of the layout of the zoo helps to keep them one step ahead of danger, most of the time!

This novel is not for the faint hearted as there are some pretty gruesome scenes and although of course I was routing for the people trapped inside to be safe, my heart went out to the innocent animals that were savagely gunned down.


This is a quick read and just as well, as I found myself holding my breath for what seemed like an eternity. 

If you like psychological thrillers then this is definitely one you must read. My only criticism is that I was left with unanswered questions as to what happened to some of the other characters but that will give me something to think about as I know this book will be rolling around my head for a while to come.

Thanks to Alison Barrow from Transworld Books for this ARC and to Julie Boon for allowing me to guest review on her blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment