Friday 24 February 2017

The Silent Wife
by
Kerry Fisher

Guest review
by
Julie Williams




Today, I have a guest review by Julie Williams, who by the sounds of it, thoroughly enjoyed this one by the very lovely Kerry Fisher!


Review

The Silent Wife had me engrossed from page one which is always a good sign when starting a new book. This is an intriguing tale of a family where appearances are definitely deceiving.

The controlling Farinelli’s show just how second wives can complicate and upset the family unit and also reveal hidden skeletons in the closet.

Head of the family is Anna who totally rules them all with an iron rod. She looks down her nose at the wives of her two beloved sons Massimo and Nico. I found her manner appalling as she had no problem in sharing her opinions with no thought to the hurt it may cause. Anna even has keys to all their homes, letting herself in whenever she pleases. The mother in law from hell comes to mind!

I enjoyed finding out about the secrets this family held both past and present. It is no surprise to find that Massimo is a bully and how he manipulates Lara his second wife is heart breaking at times. Nico on the other hand, is a lot more respectful and kinder to everyone including his lovely wife Maggie.

This book shows that second marriages have to be worked at, especially where children are involved as a mother will always protect her child, whatever the cost.

This is Kerry Fishers 4th novel and dare I say that her writing gets better with each new one . I gave this book a 5 star rating as I just didn’t want to put it down.


Thanks to Net Galley for the copy and to Julie for kindly allowing me to share my review on her blog.


No comments:

Post a Comment