Saturday 4 February 2017

Spring Blogger Evening at Simon & Schuster HQ

On Thursday I was very lucky to have had an invitation to the Spring Blogger Event hosted by S&S, and the lovely Sara-Jade (SJ) of Books and the City. I always feel so privileged to be invited to these events as they have some cracking authors there, plenty of fizz, cupcakes and goodie bags!! 



There are always a great mix of authors at these events and this one was no exception!


This time, we had Alice Peterson with her new book A Song for Tomorrow. This has had phenomenal reviews on Twitter, so I was absolutely delighted to get a copy of this in my goodie bag and also had it signed by the author!

Dani Atkins was signing copies of her new book called This Love. All the authors did a reading from their new books and this one sounds fabulous, so I am definitely bumping this one up the TBR pile!

Milly Johnson was next in line with her new one The Queen of Wishful Thinking. This is the first time I have actually met Milly and what a wonderful lady she is. We even had a little joke about Alan Rickman (but if I told you what we were talking about, I would have to kill you!).

Kate Furnival was also on the panel talking about her novel The Liberation, which I have read and thoroughly enjoyed, but she was also giving us little teasers of her next book called The Betrayal which is about twin sisters in Paris from 1929. Another book I will be eager to get my hands on!

We were also very lucky enough to have Juliet Ashton who has a new book called The Woman at Number 24 being published in April and sounds an absolute corker! and Sarah Vaughan. Sarah has recently signed with S&S and her next book is to be called Anatomy of a Scandal, Again this sounds a fantastic read! 



All in all, a great night was had by all. There are some wonderful books being published this year, so I better get my skates on and do some more reading....

After the readings and signings we got to have a couple of glasses of something fizzy and delicious cupcakes....



Thank you again to Sara-Jade for the invitation to this wonderful event. 




No comments:

Post a Comment