Wednesday 9 March 2016


Guest review by Julie Williams
of
The Silk Merchant’s Daughter
 By
 Dinah Jefferies


Julie's Review

As I have previously read & loved Dinah’s first two books The Separation & The Tea Planter’s Wife I just had to read this one!

Set in Hanoi Vietnam in 1952, Nicole half French half Vietnamese, begins to doubt her own allegiances. Who can she trust after all the things she has seen? With her country’s growing unrest Nicole has some serious decisions to make. 

There are many twists in this story and I found myself as Nicole did wondering who to trust. All this made for a captivating read that had me on the edge of my seat desperately hoping for Nicole’s safety & true happiness.

This book is beautifully written and Dinah has the incredible talent of bringing this book to life. The Silk Merchant’s Daughter is a fascinating read that was a pleasure to read. 



Special thanks to Stephanie at Penguin for sending me an advanced proof copy and of course to Julie for allowing me to share my review on her blog.


2 comments:

  1. I read The Tea Planter's Wife and liked it. Think I'll have to add this one to the TBR as well. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great tile, and this review definitely makes me want to read the book!

    ReplyDelete