Wednesday 9 September 2015

The day I met Jackie Collins......

Yesterday I went to The Grosvenor House Hotel in Park Lane, London to a book signing for Jackie Collin's new novel called The Santangelos.

We were greeted with champagne and canapes whilst waiting for Jackie to arrive and I found out during the day that Hannah Beckerman (author of The Dead Wife's Handbook) was going to interview her. I can't tell you how excited that made me as I loved her book and can count it as one of my favourite reads!

I must admit, I haven't read a Jackie Collin's book for many a year, but I am definitely adding this one to my TBR pile as it sounds very intruiging!!

Jackie Collins was absolutely lovely! Charming, feisty, very funny and looked divine! She shook my hand and then signed my book and even posed for photos with everyone in the room. I thought she was fab and would love to meet her again some time.

It was lovely to meet up with friends both old and new - you can always count on a book event to meet new friends




No comments:

Post a Comment