Sunday 20 September 2015

Jackie Collins RIP


Twelve days ago on 8th September 2015 I went along to the Grosvenor House Hotel in Park Lane with some friends to a book launch for The Santangelos with the fabulous Jackie Collins. Little did we know that we would wake up this morning to the news of her sad and untimely death at the age of 77 to Breast Cancer.

I, along with half the female population, read Jackie's books in my early teens and although I hadn't read all of her books, I was looking forward to reading this one soon. Jackie talked about her next book and also about a biography that was in the pipeline. She still had so much to write about, her death was way too soon.

I feel very privileged to have met her, shook her hand and talked to her about reading her books in the early days! She was feisty, funny, clever, but above all, she filled that room on 8th September with positivity. She told us we should fulfil our dreams and that women are strong and can do whatever we want! 

Jackie, you were a legend and will be sorely missed. May you rest in eternal peace. God Bless xx



No comments:

Post a Comment